Electronic Tapu In Turkey
Real estate sales via electronic tapu increase fourfold after Corona
The Web Tapu system is one of the most important electronic projects launched by the Turkish government to facilitate transactions in Tapu departments and directorates. Month.
After the spread of the Corona pandemic, and many paths of economic and social life changed, in a manner appropriate to guarding against this dangerous epidemic, the electronic taboo system played an important role in facilitating the movement of buying and selling real estate in Turkey, and completing its transactions via the Internet.
This has strengthened the commitment to health prevention measures from the pandemic, and as a result of the tendency to use this system in title deed transactions in general, the number of users of this system has increased, and the number of transactions completed through it has increased to nearly four times.
The statistical figures issued by the General Directorate of Land Registry and Land Survey showed; The number of sales transactions through the electronic taboo system amounted to one million and 350 thousand transactions, between March 2020 and the end of the year, while the number did not exceed 300 thousand transactions, in the period between the beginning of the year 2019 until the month of March 2020.
The total number of all transactions completed through the electronic taboo system, including electronic appointments in the mentioned period, reached two million and 203 thousand and 500 transactions.
Istanbul ranked first among the Turkish states that applied Tabu transactions, followed by the states: Ankara, Izmir, Bursa, Antalya, Konya, Gaziantep, Mersin, Adana, and Kocaeli.
This encouraged investors and businessmen to buy real estate in Turkey despite the spread of the Corona virus in the country.
Actions that can be done via the web
- The owner of the title deed can view his property information.
- The owner of the title deed can authorize another person to check information on his property.
- Citizens can apply for transactions online, without going to the Land Registry office, and send the required documents to the Land Registry office. In this way, transactions begin and reach the final stage, before the citizen goes to the Land Registry Office.
- With a web deed, the owner can authorize real estate agents to securely view property information, apply to a land registry office or remove the authorization.
- In the web address system, it is reported via SMS at all stages.
- The applications received from the web deed are transmitted by the land registry offices to the relevant employee. After the administrator completes the necessary steps, the title deed fee, the revolving fund service fee, and the date and time of signing are sent to complete the transaction via SMS.
- The citizen completes the transaction by making the necessary payments electronically, and going to the Land Registry office on time.
- In addition with the web bond, citizens can create or remove a declaration that no transactions are made on their immovable property without being present in person, thus important action is taken against fraud attempts.